Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Summer Fun Blog Tag



Aw, blog tags are fun! I always smile reading tags other bloggers post, so I like to think you smile reading mine, too! ...maybe?

I was tagged in this by Mykaela from Making Music for the Master, who is actually the creator of this tag! I'm not this creative at asking myself questions. So kudos to her. Ha.

1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?
Only my family, eh? My dad has this really fast 'Kimberly' birdcall thing that sounds like the cross of a wild monkey and a bubbling brook. Have him do it for you sometime. My little siblings all gave me their own nicknames when they were little and learning to say such big, three-syllable names as mine, but it seems like they've all grown out of it and called me 'Kimberly' as they've gotten older.

2. What's a weird habit of yours?
Uh... Okay, so I basically have to pace back and forth to maintain any kind of decent/intelligent phone conversation. If I sit down while I'm talking on the phone, I go brain dead. It's like magic. A really bad habit of mine is neglecting emails. For, like, months and years. I'm such a terrible person, I know. 😟

3. Do you have any strange phobias?
I am sooo scared of ticks. I hate ticks. I freak out when I see ticks. Last week I was walking into my closet and saw a penny-sized bug crawling up the door facing to my closet—AND IT WAS A TICK. That just creeps me out so much MORE and I'm living in constant paranoia because how did it even get upstairs to my room?! Is its family living my closet?! In my clothes?! AHHHH. The house is ruined. Let us burn it to the ground.

(I'm highly terrified of ticks. But also highly sarcastic. So don't be too worried about my mental state.)


4. What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
Haha. Ha. I don't know if this is an accurate representation, but the very first song that came to mind was 'Think of Me' from Phantom of the Opera.

5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
Hmm... Probably about the same as Mykaela's. I hate being patronized or talked down to or people who are condescending and argue literally every word you say because there's no possible way you're right about anything. Honestly? I don't have trouble being wrong. I can be wrong. I am wrong—all the time! But people who always put others down to make themselves feel higher are really just so hard to be around.

6. What's one of your nervous habits?
Playing with my hair. Fidgeting with my hands. Breaking eye contact (actively trying to overcome that one).

7. What's a YouTuber that almost always makes you laugh?
Hmm... one of my favorite guys lately has been John Crist. I also almost always laugh at Tim Hawkins. Can't say I've had just abundant free time to spend on YouTube lately, though...

8. What was your first stuffed animal, and what was its name?
I have nooo idea. I was the first child, first grandchild on one side, second grandchild on the other... I had all the toys I could handle plus more. The first stuffed animal I really, really remember was Cocoa the bear I made myself at Build-A-Bear when I was little at the mall in Kansas City.

9. What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I don't have money to blow on Starbucks coffee... The last time I ordered a coffee out I think I had an Americano.

10. Do you have any weird body skills?
Um. What? I can barely can't touch my toes. (I did just earn my purple belt in Shotokan Karate, though. So that's cool, but not really a weird body skill. Just lots of practice.)

11. What's your favorite comfort food that's bad but you eat it anyways?
Peanut butter is a warm, familiar hug in a dark, daunting world.

12. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
"Oh my gracious/goodness"...? I don't know—y'all tell me. 😜

13. What did you used to wear that you would never wear now?
Diapers. Onesies. Rompers. Haha.

14. What did you want to be when you were young?
A chef/pastry chef, missionary, author, and mom. 😊

15. How tall are you?
Five feet, three and a half inches. And don't you dare deny me that extra half!

16. Fun bonus: What are 5 ways to win your heart/become a great friend?
  • Be open and straightforward
  • Sing/play music with me
  • Talk theology and Bible topics with me
  • Sometimes sincerely compliment me/my work (I can usually tell if it's fake)
  • Go adventuring with me

I hereby tag Brooke of Sparkle for Jesus and Gray of Writing is Life! No obligation, but if you have a few free minutes to copy, paste, and fill in your own answers this summer, it would be so fun to read! Anyone else who wants to participate, feel free to just leave your answers in the comments or leave a link in the comments to your own post! I'd love to read all of your answers!


P.S. If you aren't already subscribed for automatic email updates, you can do that here! Big days ahead and if you don't want to miss it, I don't want you to, either!

P.P.S. If you enjoy reading blog tags, you can see the ones I've done in the past here!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    It was a lot of fun reading your answers. I had to laugh at number four because that would be my answer too, or anything Phantom of the Opera.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley! Thank you!! Oh my goodness, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Haha! Thanks for commenting. Have a lovely day. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun, Kimberly! Thanks for tagging me!

    ~B.M. {I blog at sparkle-for-jesus.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your answers, Brooke!! Thanks for passing it on!! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me, Kimberly!
    I did smile reading your answers, tags are always fun.
    I hope to do this either on Sunday or next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, of course. ;)
      I loved reading your answers so much, Gray!! Thanks for passing it along!! :)

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy reading the fun blog tags, and noting the differences between your answers and Mykaela's. :) I found the nickname question funny because a friend just asked me what my nicknames were. (Mine aren't that exciting... My older siblings call me "Nif", as in Jen"nif"er, and my brother Jake calls me "Uncle Johnny" at times. That's it for family nicknames. ;)

    Your answer to number two was hilarious.. I pace back and forth obsessively on the phone as well! But I'm actually getting better at not doing that so much, since now I have a limited area in which to pace. :P

    Aah, so it's not just my emails that you neglect? :D (Just kidding, since you actually emailed me a couple days ago and I haven't replied to it yet!!! ;)

    I absolutely understand your fear of ticks. My skin crawls at just the thought of them.. My parents actually found one on their bed a few nights ago,(the cat no doubt brought it in..) and my mother did NOT want to goto sleep after that. It was gross. I have to deal with them due to my cat ownership...ugh. :(

    I second each of your nervous habits! :\ And your answer to the body skill question is great... I think it's neat that you know karate, whether you can touch your toes or not! :D

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Mykaela and I have this ying/yang thing going on in some corners of our lives. We do starkly contrast sometimes, but that's why we make so much more sense together. Or we might be laughing too much to make any sense. Whichever way it goes. ;)

      Your nicknames are at least more interesting than mine! I'm super curious how Jake came up with "Uncle Johnny" now. Haha!

      Well, I understand that, Miss Eskimo. If I feel cramped on space during a phone call, I go outside. Even when I'm traveling and in a hotel, I'll pace the hotel hallways during a phone conversation.

      No. You're not. :P

      AHHHH I would die if I found a tick in my bed. Actually, I'd just not sleep there. And probably pour some harsh chemicals everywhere. My mom gets them on her more often than I do, but I get chiggers more. :/

      Teehee! Thanks, Jenny! :)

      Delete
    2. I understand about you and Mykaela....she and I can be starkly different at times, yet those contrasts in our personalities just strengthen our friendship. Since we share the same beliefs in what really counts, the fact that she puts Ranch on her pretzels only serves as a good debate topic between us. ;)

      According to Jacob, he derived the nickname "Uncle Johnny" from the movie "Mandie and the Cherokee Treasure". "Johnny" sounds similar to "Jenny", so I guess I was naturally the one to whom he attached the fond nickname. He also calls me "John-Boy", from The Waltons, and occasionally "Boss". (Though the latter is used sarcastically! ;)

      I guess I'll have to add "Miss Eskimo" to my list of nicknames now... That's a new one! :P The reason I don't go outside to talk on the phone is that our phone can only be taken a limited distance from its base. I have gone outside for long phone conversations with my sister before, but I had to stomp around the yurt in small circles to avoid losing the connection, and it just isn't as satisfying as pacing inside. I also kept getting strange looks from the neighbors and tourists..perhaps they thought I was reenacting Joshua's military strategy for the battle of Jericho.

      I've never had a chigger bite. Nor have I ever seen a chigger. I remember my mother used to read the Rose books aloud to my sisters and I , and the mention of chiggers made my skin crawl. They sound most unpleasant. :(

      Delete

I love comments almost as much as I love dark chocolate (and that's a lot!), so be sure to leave your thoughts for me!!

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, don't worry, just give it a couple of hours to be published.

Thanks so very much for reading!

01 09 10 01 09 10