Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"Project Marun 544"

Sharing some of my recent photography feats today!

NOT that I am talented or anything. But Janan and I decided we needed to do a challenge where we do themed pictures every week, to encourage us to keep progressing in our photography skills. (They revert so quickly when not kept lubricated, I'm telling you!)

Thus the birth of "Project Marun 544"

Project = if we call it anything other than a code red mission or project, we might not treat it seriously enough. No slacking allowed!

Marun = the Kachin word for 'twins'

544 = the miles between my house and Janan's

Here are my snaps (with the theme I was going on) for our first ten weeks of the project.


Week 1: "sunrise"


Week 2: "breakfast"


Week 3: "something I drew"


Week 4: "our dogs"



Week 5: "green"


Week 6: "in my hand"


Week 7: "togetherness"


Week 8: "spring"


Week 9: "fresh"


Week 10: "photo of the week"

So I'm wondering:

whatever it is that you do, how do you stay on top of not losing your touch? For photography, this weekly challenge idea seems pretty good, but what about music? Art? Writing? How do you stay on top of all those skills you honed, long-term?

And which of these themes/pics catches your eye? I'm super curious! 😊

Have a lovely week!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH. Week 7 just made me so happy. :) As for staying on top of skills, I think just doing it even when you do not feel like it is key. Hard but true, and easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, true. Last October at Family Camp I was handed a piece of music in alto clef to play in orchestra (because, I'm viola, you know! I should be playing in alto!), but I had to ask for a violin part because I couldn't read the alto clef! Ach! So one of my 2017 goals was to re-learn alto clef, and I am so glad I did. That is just one of many things I had, at one point, learned well, but let rust up...

      I also love week 7. :)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty and creative, Kimberly! My favorite is probably week one...I love sunrises. You have such talent! I would love to see what you could capture here in Stehekin. My sisters and I biked down to "the mudflats" this evening, which is this large area of what would normally be the top end of the lake, except the lake gets lowered in the winter, so now it is dry. It was gorgeous there, but I didn't have a camera to take pictures of it, which disappointed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jenny! I already see in my photo from 10/11 weeks ago where I could have improved the shots, but I'm glad for it! That means I'm getting a little better!

      I would love to bring my camera to Stehekin! You could show me the best place to see sunrises. :)

      Next time you go, definitely try to get some pictures! I would love to see!

      Delete
  3. Elizabeth WilliamsApril 29, 2017 at 10:04 AM

    Okay, you're photography is crazy good! I wish mine was this good lol I love the sunset picture! Probably my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well thanks. I don't know if I agree, but I have fun with it. ;)

      Hmm that makes two for the sunrise. Maybe I should think about snapping more of that kind...

      Delete

I love comments almost as much as I love dark chocolate (and that's a lot!), so be sure to leave your thoughts for me!!

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, don't worry, just give it a couple of hours to be published.

Thanks so very much for reading!

01 09 10 01 09 10