Monday, January 23, 2017

Fun Post: 'Getting to Know You' Blogger Tag



I was tagged by Mykaela to participate in this tag. It's so fun! I hope you have half as much fun reading it as I did typing it.

1. Are you named after anyone?

Yes! I was named after my maternal grandfather (A.K.A. 'Pa'), Kim Puckett! In a roundabout sort of way, Kimberly is also kind of a name I get from my mom, but that's a long story.

2. When was the last time you cried?

Umm... about three weeks ago, I think.

3. Do you have kids?

No, but hopefully someday!

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I think so! I try to be a good friend.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?


Me?! Sarcastic?! Never. But true story: a few months ago I was waiting in line for a ride at Silver Dollar City by myself (my sisters were a couple of rows up), and these two girls about 7 or 8 years old were behind me. One of them said to the other, "I love sarcasm!", and I turned around and said, "I don't," and tried to laugh it off (because, sarcasm), but I'm pretty sure I actually might have scarred them for life. Oops. I guess they didn't love sarcasm that much.


6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

I don't think so... Heights don't really bother me that much, but I don't just adore the feeling of falling to an impending death.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?


Hmm... Maybe Raisin Bran? We ate a lot of cereal when I was little, but we cut it out several years ago because all of the unwanted carbs and sugars, so I've kind of forgotten what I like.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

I know this will sound absolutely horrid of me, but I do make a lot of first-impression judgment calls based upon what people look like. Their overall look, clothes, hair, makeup, things like that, all process into my first impression. (I can totally change my mind when I get to know them, though!!)

9. What is your eye colour?

Blue. [Resists the urge to change 'colour' to its American-English counterpart.]

10. Scary movie or happy endings?


Um, definitely happy endings!! What's the point of wanting to be scared?

11. Favorite smells?

Wildflowers, cinnamon, fresh-baked anything...

12. Summer or winter?

Probably winter. I think.

13. Computer or television?

Computer. I like how a computer is a two-way street. You can get out of it, and put into it. Televisions are just boxes you let think for you.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?


Burma (Myanmar). China boarders it on the north, Thailand to the south. You can read about my trip over there from last year, here.

15. Do you have any special talents?


My special talents include, but are not limited to, shower opera, saying awkward things, remembering the least helpful trivial details, and talking to myself.

16. Where were you born?


I was born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. [By the way, be praying for them down there! A crazy tornado went through there Saturday morning, and the town is in shambles. Six fatalities, last I heard... So much destruction!!]

17. What are your hobbies?

What aren't my hobbies?! I love playing music, painting, baking, photography, traveling, reading, writing, sewing, taking walks...

18. Do you have any pets?

We have a family dog. She's a 9 month old mutt (Labrador/German Shepherd/hound/something else) named Sisko. We attempted to have chickens when we moved here to Oklahoma, but our HOA decided 4 little baby yet-to-produce chicks violated the neighborhood rule of no commercial poultry, so we had to give them away.

19. Favorite movie?

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!

20. Do you have any siblings?

Yes! I'm the oldest of seven. I have sisters aged 16, 11, 9, 6, and 1, and a brother who is turning 4 Wednesday!

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

More than anything, I really want to be a wife and homeschooling mother. And even when my blogging days are long past, I think I'll always be a writer at heart.

That's it!! I don't like tagging others, because some people like this kind of stuff, but others don't. If you DO want to do it, though, let me know in the comments, and I'll link you up in this post, so we can all find you!

Happy Monday!! See any fun facts we relate on??


Update: 02.21.2017
Halee passed along this tag! Check out her answers here!



10 comments:

  1. Kimberly,it's so neat that you were named after your Grandpa! My oldest brother was named after our great grandmother DeeDee..his name is Joseph Dee. I always wondered what my parents would have named him if she'd had a more girly name like Rose...(they probably wouldn't have even thought of naming him after her then,but the hypothetical situation always brought me joy as I thought of my big brother with a sissy middle name! ;)

    I'm with you on bungee-jumping,Raisin Bran,color vs.colour, computer vs.TV,favorite smells,7 siblings and movies with happy endings.I like most of your hobbies,too,but the only kind of music I play is through my stereo,and I can't really paint or sew with any success. And you won't believe this,but my special talents are THE EXACT SAME AS YOURS!!! Is there a possibility we were nonidentical twins separated at birth?! :D (My birth certificate-not to mention my mother- says that I was born in Richland,WA,and not Hattiesburg, but mistakes have been known to happen! :P

    Okay, so I should probably head off to bed before I get any sillier! But thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Joseph Rose. Yeah. That would have been amazing tormenting leverage for siblings! So if you ever wonder why I don't go by 'Kim', it's because in my head, that's a man's name! I was named after a man named Kim! I didn't like it so much when I was little (I really wished I could go by my middle name for a few years), but I'm good with it now. :)

      Oh my goodness!! Nobody likes Raisin Bran!! Everybody has always made fun of me for liking Raisin Bran!! And OUR SPECIAL TALENTS DEFINTELY CONFIRM THE THEORY. Unidentical twins. Separated to the far ends of the country at birth.

      If you had a blog, I'd tag you to do the post yourself. ;)

      Delete
    2. :) What's your middle name? I think Kim is pretty,but I like Kimberly even better. My younger sister Kimberly doesn't go by anything else,although her siblings sometimes call her "Kimmer" as a term of endearment!

      I don't know why anybody wouldn't like Raisin Bran,but come to think of it,I don't really know anyone who DOES like it as much as I do. I guess it must be true...wow. I've never had an in identical twin before! Wait..how old are you? I was born in 1999...which one of us is older than we think we are? :P

      If I had a blog,I'd definitely accept the tag!! Actually, what I did on Sarah's post at Dreams in Alaska was just answer the questions she asked in the comment section, since she didn't have anyone to tag after Mykaela tagged her. I could do that here!

      Let's see. #1 is Are you named after anyone..
      No,I'm not. My name's Jennifer Lynne Getchell,but I go by Jenny. I do share a middle name with my older sister! :)

      #2 The last time I cried..Ugh. I sort of cried a few days ago,because I have this nasty head cold and I couldn't get to sleep...it was more like an I'm-so-tired-that-I-can't-sleep-and-it's-driving-me-crazy sort of agonized tears rather than an honest-to-goodness cry. I don't usually cry unless I'm exhausted or really stressed out.

      #3 I don't have any kids,unless you count my cats or my stuffed animal collection! :P

      #4 This is a really awkward question..if I were another person I'd be exactly like myself so I'd think we'd be friends. Then again,I might just drive myself crazy...

      #5 I hardly know the meaning of the word "sarcasm"...is it a type of fish? :D

      #6 Will I ever bungee jump. Umm,no. Is that a question to test my IQ? As in,are you dumb enough to try this? Well,I'm just not brave enough to be that dumb...

      #7 As I mentioned previously, I like Raisin Bran. And Grape Nuts. Anything plain and boring,I guess. :)

      #8 Okay,I have to admit that my first impressions are usually comprised of how people look. I think you can tell a lot by someone's clothing, hair,and makeup,BUT I also have a really hard time not judging them by that. Only God knows a person's heart,and we have no idea what they've been through,so I need to be careful that " my good opinion once lost is" NOT lost forever! :)

      #9 My eyes are dark brown.

      #10 I'm a sucker for happily ever after stories! I can't stand scary movies at all..I have some deep emotional scars from Bambi!

      #11 My favorite smells include autumn leaves,fresh baked cinnamon rolls,vanilla,coffee and my grandma's house!

      #12 Summer or winter? Umm,I guess winter? I like both!

      #13 I like computers much more than TVs, but my family never had much contact with either until recently,so I don't know how to work either real well!

      #14 The furthest I have ever been from home would probably be our family's trip to Canada, but I can barely remember that..we like to stay close to home!

      #15 I second Kimberly's special talents!

      #16 I was born in Richland,WA,at the Kadlec Medical Center.

      #17 My hobbies are reading,writing,learning,baking, talking in funny accents,having fun with friends, and taking walks!

      #18 I have two kitties,one very large and one very small. :)

      #19 My favorite movie is the 1995 BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, and my next pick would have to be The Inheritance, based on the book by Louisa May Alcott.

      #21 I would like to be a teacher when and if I ever grow up. I actually don't have any plans for marriage, I'd just like to be a woman of faith with a simple life and lots of books and cats! :)

      There! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
    3. My middle name is Alexis. :) I've had little siblings (or little kids from church, whatever) call me all sorts of names. "Blee", "Ber-ba-lee", "Kimmalee", "Lee-Lee", and so many I can't even remember. Ha! When people tell me they're having a hard time remembering my name, I tell them not to worry about it- I'll probably answer to whatever they call me! Haha!

      Oh my goodness!! I love your answers!! I have to respond to a couple...

      I'm so sorry you're sick!! I hope you get better very soon!!

      I absolutely agree with you about trying not to judge people, and being willing to be flexible and learn to know their heart is besides how they look. Us humans are so shallow!

      Your favorite smells make me so happy. :)

      Thank you so much for sharing, Jenny! That's so fun!

      Delete
    4. Ha! Alexis is a pretty name,but in my mind it's a boy's name!! That's really funny... :D

      Thanks,I'm feeling a lot better! However,all of my family is sick now...my mother and sister have influenza not just the regular cold,though so they're even worse off than I was! :(

      I have many other favorite smells, those are just the ones that immediately came to mind.

      You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I just had to comment because my last name is Puckett, and when you said that your grandpa's name was too, I found it funny. I have never met anyone else (besides the people in my family) with that last name. Great post. I also love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; it is quite funny (if more than a bit politically incorrect).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You're familiar! Pinterest, right?

      I knew a family in Mississippi who owned a tractor dealership with the last name Puckett, but other than them, all of the Pucketts I've known have been family! I have so, so many third and fourth cousins I've never met, who knows?! We might be related! Do you have any roots in Indiana?

      Hahaha! Thanks! Maybe that's why I like that movie so much. It's so terrible that it's wonderful... or, you know, something like that. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi! Yes, I found your blog by way of your Pinterest. That would be amazing if we were related, but I'm thinking that that's not the case :) Most of my family lives/lived in Iowa or Minnesota, so I don't think any of us are from Indiana. I first watched SBFSB with my cousins, and it became a tradition of sorts to watch whenever we were together. That ended though. We always walked around singing "Bless her beautiful hide," and one of my siblings would join in singing, but they would sing "hind" instead of "hide." I can see how it's an easy mistake to make--just an embarrassing one.I enjoyed your post. I am also the oldest of seven, and I would really love to be a wife and mom. Someday, hopefully. Have a great week!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well.. no, I guess we probably aren't related. But we're all a family in Christ, so there's that! :)

      Haha! I can see how easy that mistake would be to make, and I'm sure your siblings weren't the first, and won't be the last!

      Ah! Oldest of seven! You understand me!

      Someday, hopefully, indeed. I can't wait to see how God is going to bring together the pieces of our lives, and paint a beautiful picture of His own glory through us! I hope you'll comment sometimes around here, so we can keep up with each other. :)

      Blessings!

      Delete
  4. I just realized I said "great post," and "I loved your post" in my two comments. Oops. Well, both statements were true, but it does seem redundant and as if I had nothing else to say. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love dark chocolate (and that's a lot!), so be sure to leave your thoughts for me!!

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, don't worry, just give it a couple of hours to be published.

Thanks so very much for reading!

01 09 10 01 09 10