Friday, January 27, 2017

For Writers and Bloggers and People



Hey guys!

It's Friday!! Yay! I have SO much laundry to do today, but I wanted to put this little post out there for my writer and blogger friends (or those of you who have been saying you want to be a writer or blogger).

First of all, if you are even mildly interested in writing, I would highly recommend subscribing to Kingdom Pen's newsletter. They are an organization by young Christian writers, for young Christian writers, and I've learned so much over there! They also have writing prompt competitions monthly that I have fun getting creative for.

(There's also this web of people you've probably heard about, where Haley Long is engaged [betrothed] to Reagan Ramm [he's a very popular Christian blogger, but his site isn't loading, so I can't add his link, but he also writes a bit on Coastal Conservatory], and they are both on staff at Kingdom Pen!)

Anyways. That was free.

Secondly, I credit The Rebelution a lot for motivating me to get this blog started.

This morning, I got an email from Kingdom Pen telling me about a free writing assessment survey that The Rebulution put out, and thought this was just too cool! Two really great sites for the Christian youth/young adult writing community crossing yet again!

Here's the deal.

I really enjoy writing, but I know I have a lot of room to grow. This writing assessment is an amazing way to help me see where I need to focus my attentions if I want to improve, and where I'm falling short.

It wasn't too long or anything- just 10 different diagnostic areas to evaluate- and I think it's a great way to measure yourself as a writer, or see where you land on the scale if you want to get into the art.

Let me know how you score! I was a 45. I could have improved if I could have honestly answered that I get more than 1,000 readers a month (I sometimes do, but not super consistently). So y'all need to just read more of my stuff and help me out already! Haha!

Take the assessment here: http://www.dohardthings.com/writerscore-assessment.html

And have a good weekend, everyone!!

By the way, who are my writing/blogging friends out there? I've lost track!



1 comment:

  1. I love these two resources! I'm a blogger/writer too. *wink*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love dark chocolate (and that's a lot!), so be sure to leave your thoughts for me!!

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, don't worry, just give it a couple of hours to be published.

Thanks so very much for reading!

01 09 10 01 09 10