Monday, July 25, 2016

A Little Person Follows Me: A Poem



This is for all those big siblings out there.

I had to memorize this in 6th grade for Rod and Staff Bible in school, except my mom had me change out 'brother' for 'sister', since I was the eldest of only four girls at that time. It sticks with me until this day, and I learn the truth of it more and more all the time. 

A Little Brother Follows Me


A careful boy I want to be;
A little brother follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'll go the selfsame way.

I cannot once escape his eyes;
Whate'er he sees me do, he tries;
Like me he says he's going to be-
That little brother following me.

He thinks that I am good and fine;
Believes in every word of mine.
The bad in me he must not see-
That little brother following me.

I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be
That little brother following me.

-Anonymous



How many times did you have to read it before you thoroughly got it?

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth WilliamsJuly 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM

    I don't have "little" siblings, but I think I can apply this to my own life as well. I think about my brothers and sisters in Christ. Whether they're a lot younger than me, or whether they're just a new Christian, they're looking to me! That's both a great responsibility, and a great honor ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love dark chocolate (and that's a lot!), so be sure to leave your thoughts for me!!

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, don't worry, just give it a couple of hours to be published.

Thanks so very much for reading!

01 09 10 01 09 10